WOUND CARE: TISSUE-ENGINEERED SKIN REPLACEMENTS AND ACTIVE WOUND REPAIR MODULATORS
53 Pages | 6 Exhibits | 2018 Analysis | Forecasts Through 2022
This analysis includes a discussion of products, current/forecast markets, competitors, and opportunities in the US, 5EU, Japan, and RoW markets for tissue-engineered skin replacements (epidermal, dermal, and multilayer equivalents, and amniotic tissue grafts) and active wound repair modulators (growth factors, gene therapy agents, and stem cells).
WOUND CARE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
Key Questions Answered
- The combined global market for tissue-engineered skin replacements and active wound repair modulators totaled more than $1bn in 2017, and is expected to climb at a rate of 6.0% over the next half-decade.
- The tissue-engineered skin replacements segment accounts for nearly 90% of sales, with the 5EU markets, Japan, and the RoW markets combined accounting for the remaining 10% of sales.
- The US accounts for nearly 92% of global sales in this market, due to factors including slower adoption of skin replacements in international markets as a result of cultural aversion to the use of cadaveric tissue, concerns regarding disease transmission, and limited reimbursement.
- What are the key drivers and limiters to the global wound care products market?
- Which competitors are leading the market and introducing new technology?
- How are technological advancements impacting market growth?
- Which areas of the wound care products market are experiencing dynamic growth?
- How are mergers and acquisitions affecting the markets shares of leading competitors?
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
i. Tissue-engineered skin replacements
ii. Active wound repair modulators
iii. Market analysis
iv. Major competitors
Exhibit ES-1: Tissue-engineered skin replacements and active wound repair modulators, market forecast ($m), 2017-22
1. Tissue-Engineered Skin Replacements
1.4 Autologous and tissue-engineered skin replacements
1.4.1 Epidermal equivalent products
1.4.2 Dermal equivalent products
1.4.3 Multilayer equivalent products
1.4.4 Amniotic tissue grafts
1.5 Market forecast
1.6 Competitive analysis
Exhibit 1-1: Tissue-engineered skin replacements, market forecast, 2017-22
Exhibit 1-2: Tissue-engineered skin replacements market, share by supplier, 2017
2. Active Wound Repair Modulators
2.1 Growth factors
2.1.1 Growth factor classification
2.1.2 Competitors and products
2.1.3 Market forecast
2.2 Gene therapy agents
2.3 Stem cells
2.3.1 Types of stem cells
2.3.2 The role of stem cells in wound healing
2.4 Other active wound repair modulators and pharmaceuticals
2.4.1 Antibiotics and anti-infectives
2.4.3 Matrix metalloproteinase enzyme inhibitors
2.4.4 Neuropeptides in diabetic wounds
2.4.5 Other products
Exhibit 2-1: Selected growth factors under development for wound healing applications
Exhibit 2-2: The angiogenesis process
Exhibit 2-3: Growth factors, market forecast ($m), 2017-22
Appendix: Company Listing
- Amarantus BioScience Holdings
- Amniox Medical/TissueTech
- Avita Medical
- Derma Sciences/Integra LifeSciences
- Genentech/F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- Harvest Technologies/Terumo
- Integra LifeSciences
- Isto Biologics/Isto Holdings
- Kaken Pharmaceutical
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- Metasurg/Integra Lifesciences
- MiMedx Group
- MTF Biologics
- Nuo Therapeutics
- NuTech Medical/Organogenesis
- Olympus America/Olympus
- Osiris Therapeutics
- Promethean LifeSciences
- Smith & Nephew
- Theravance Biopharma
- Wright Medical Technology/Wright Medical Group
- Zimmer Biomet