PAIN MANAGEMENT DEVICES MARKET
59 Pages | 10 Exhibits | 2017 Analysis | Forecasts Through 2021
This analysis includes a discussion of products, current/forecast markets, competitors, and opportunities in the worldwide TENS, neurostimulators, implantable analgesia infusion pumps, and external analgesia infusion pumps markets.
PAIN MANAGEMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
Key Questions Answered
- More than 100 million people in the US experience chronic pain. In Europe, the prevalence of chronic pain is between 25% and 35%. Pain-related disability represents a significant and costly liability to patients and employers.
- The global market for pain management devices totaled more than $3.2bn in 2016, and is expected to climb at a rate of 4.7% over the forecast period.
- The spinal cord stimulators market is expected to experience the most dollar sales (nearly $1.8bn in 2016), as well as the greatest growth over the forecast period (6%).
- Emerging or recently developed technologies for pain management include vagus nerve stimulation and next-generation SCS devices
- What are the key drivers and limiters to the global pain management devices market?
- Which competitors are leading the market and introducing new technology?
- How are technological advancements impacting market growth?
- Which areas of the pain management devices market are experiencing dynamic growth?
- What factors are drawing market share away from pharma and toward device-based therapies for pain management?
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
i. Pain prevalence
ii. Global pain management devices market
a. Selected market drivers and limiters
b. TENS segment
c. SCS segment
d. Analgesia infusion pumps and accessories segment
e. Market leaders
f. Emerging Competition
Exhibit ES-1: Pain management devices market forecast, by segment, 2016-21
Exhibit ES-2: Pain management devices market forecast, by region, 2016-21
1. PAIN MANAGEMENT OVERVIEW
1.1 Pain classification
1.1.1 Nociceptive and neuropathic pain
1.1.2 Acute and chronic pain
1.1.3 Pain severity
1.2 Treatment guidelines
1.3 Effects of the opioid epidemic on pain management devices
1.4 Alternative therapy options
Exhibit 1-1: WHO analgesic ladder
Exhibit 1-2: CDC recommendations for prescribing opioids for chronic pain
2. ELECTRICAL STIMULATORS MARKET
2.1 Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulators
2.1.1 Wearable intensive nerve stimulators
2.1.2 Market forecast
2.1.3 Competitive analysis
2.2.1 Occipital nerve stimulation
2.2.2 Neuromuscular stimulators
2.2.3 Spinal cord stimulators
2.2.4 Market forecast
2.2.5 Competitive analysis
2.2.6 Emerging technologies
184.108.40.206 Mainstay Medical International
Exhibit 2-1: Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulators, market forecast, 2016-21
Exhibit 2-2: Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulators market, share by supplier, 2016
Exhibit 2-3: Spinal cord stimulators, market forecast, 2016-21
Exhibit 2-4: Implantable spinal cord stimulators market, share by supplier, 2016
3. ANALGESIA INFUSION PUMPS
3.1 Implantable analgesia infusion pumps
3.1.1 Market and competitive analysis
3.2 External analgesia infusion pumps
3.2.1 Nerve block
3.2.2 Patient-controlled analgesia infusion pumps
3.2.4 Market forecast
3.2.5 Competitive analysis
Exhibit 3-1: External analgesia infusion pumps, market forecast, 2016-21
Exhibit 3-2: External analgesia infusion pumps market, share by supplier, 2016
APPENDIX: COMPANY LISTING
- AcuKnee LLC
- AmericanImex Corporation
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter Healthcare/Baxter International, Inc.
- BioElectronics Corporation
- BioMedical Life Systems, Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- CareFusion/Becton, Dicksinson and Company
- Cefaly, Inc.
- Codman & Shurtleff/DePuy Synthes Companies/Johnson & Johnson
- DJO Global, Inc.
- Dynatronics Corporation
- electroCore Medical LLC
- Enraf-Nonius BV
- GymnaUniphy NV
- Halyard Health, Inc.
- Hospira/ICU Medical, Inc.
- Mainstay Medical International PLC
- Medtronic PLC
- Mettler Electronics Corporation
- Moog, Inc.
- NeuroMetrix, Inc.
- Nevro, Inc.
- Nuvectra Corporation
- Omron Corporation
- Patterson Medical, Inc.
- Rich-Mar, Inc.
- RS Medical, Inc.
- Smiths Medical/Smiths Group PLC
- St. Jude Medical/Abbott Laboratories
- Stimwave LLC
- Stryker Corporation
- WalkMed Infusion LLC
- Zynex, Inc.